Conflict as a Doorway to Radical Connection
From Reactivity to True Communication and Effective Activism
A Three-Part Series with Sharon Coleman, Ph.D.
– Being free of judgement and blame when triggered in an incident.
– Staying authentic in a tough conversation.
– Communicating in a way that the other person can really hear you.
In this integration of Nonviolent Communication with mindfulness practices of Thich Nhat Hanh, you will learn to:
- Replace “enemy images” with empathic understanding.
- Rely on the language of needs and feelings; avoid stories and tricks of the mind.
- Focus compassion on self, as well as others.
- Make skillful requests that foster connection.
To view more background about this workshop, check my latest blog post on this topic, dated February 20, 2017.